Salary: £33000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268280124
Health & Safety Adviser
Location: London/South East
Salary: £34,700 + Benefits
A well-established charitable foundation focused on health research based in London are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Adviser to add to the team to support the Health & Safety Manager in ensuring the effective delivery of related policies and procedures as to minimise risk and to promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities for the role of Health & Safety Adviser include:
• Undertaking risk assessments.
• Manage and maintain all elements of the H&S software and, when required, design and
implement appropriate templates e.g. risk assessments.
• Act as lead ISO 45001 and ISO14001 (for EWS) internal auditor.
• Undertake building inspections and maintain the associated templates, ensuring they are
fit for purpose and in line with best practice.
• Undertake training needs analyses and co-ordinate all internal, external and on-line
• Develop and deliver in-house training sessions (including H&S induction), ensuring they
are kept up to date and are in line with current standards and best practice.
• Undertake incident investigation, including the calculation of direct and indirect costs.
• Co-ordinate policy reviews.
• Chair and co-ordinate First Aid meetings.
• Deputise for the H&S Manager, chairing meetings and undertaking presentations when
necessary, and supporting her in high profile meetings.
• Contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation, collaborating
• Undertake any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time
Skills and experience for the role of Health & Safety Adviser include:
• Grad IOSH membership
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience in the design and presentation of Health and Safety training courses
• Flexible approach to work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational and presentation skills
• High level of computer literacy including MS Office Suite, including SharePoint
• Experience of using a H&S software package such as QUOODA
• First Aid at Work and/or Mental Health First Aid
• ISO 45001 Lead Auditor qualification
For further information on this position please contact Nathan Turley on Nathan.Turley@HSERecruitment.co.uk or call 0121 726 6623