Head of Health, Safety & Security
Salary: £58000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104279
HSE Recruitment have been retained by an established and very well known organisation in the Pembrokeshire area to source a Head of Health, Safety and Security. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced H&S professional who wants to take a company on a journey of continuous improvement and put them on the map as an industry leader in Health and Safety.
This won’t happen overnight therefore we are looking for a driven, forward thinking and ambitious individual who can drive change from the top to the bottom and truly embed a culture of accountability. You are not walking into a blank canvas, there is a strategy in place, but it isn’t set in stone and can be added to.
This is a complex and high risk site where no two days are the same. The size, scale and scope of the business is truly unique. Working for this company comes with great pride, you will be part of the family and the passion felt across the organisation is second to none.
• You will develop external networks to stay abreast of best practise and performance benchmarking.
• You will continually assess the status of Health, Safety and Security, identifying gaps for improvement, developing and implementing strategic plan to address identified gaps / opportunities.
• You will develop, manage and coordinate audit programme to ensure identification of hazards and compliance with management systems, including contractors.
• Ensure that all risk assessments as required by legislation are conducted, reviewed at relevant intervals, and are fully implemented providing recommendations on control measures.
• Develop, manage and coordinate the reporting systems and investigations into all health, safety and security accidents and near-miss incidents.
• Manage critical incident / emergency response procedures, emergency plans and develop and lead emergency response exercises to demonstrate readiness.
• To develop and implement Fire Risk Management Strategies and provide Fire Safety advice to all levels of staff and management in discharging their responsibilities.
• Conduct and lead regular Health and Safety management meetings.
• Report to the SMT on health, safety and security management system sharing statistics, compliance and identifying areas for improvement.
We are looking for:
• Someone who is in the Pembrokeshire area or interested in relocating to the area. Unfortunately we cannot accept candidates who will live in the area Monday-Friday due to the call out requirements
• Diploma Level Qualified in Health and Safety from any source (CMIOSH would be highly desirable)
• Someone with Port or Marine Experience would be highly advantageous but we will consider other complex high risk background such as Chemical, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction etc.
• You will be an expert in your field and seen high standards of H&S which you can bring to the Port.
• You will be an experienced Health and Safety Manager with proven operational experience that has developed beyond just being hands on but also stepped into a strategic, leadership role.
• Excellence written and verbal communication skills across all levels, in particular board level.
• You will be a driven, passionate H&S professional who will continually strive to improve, not just for the business but for yourself personally.
• You will be someone who can see the journey and what steps it takes to the end goal.
• You will work collaboratively with people to come up with pragmatic solutions to challenges and strive for excellence.
Salary is up to £58,000 plus a generous package including a car allowance and bonus. There is also a relocation package offered.
We are running a very in depth process for this client and as such I would ask you to send your CV either directly to email@example.com or apply to the advert. I will then be in touch to arrange calls from 7th June.