Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104278
Role : Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
Based in Crosby, Liverpool
Salary: £40,000 per annum - £45,000 per annum + benefits
Reporting to the General Manager of the site
A leading food manufacturing company is seeking an experienced SHE Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage others and take the site on a safety journey. This site is 300 people strong, supplying major retailers with fresh pre-packaged convenience food.
Main responsibilities :-
• Providing professional support and guidance to the Site Leadership team ( you will sit on the SLT) on all operational Safety, Health and Environmental matters for the site
• Drive continuous improvement of behavioural safety and environmental awareness culture across the site
• Mentor and coach the health and safety representatives on site
• Working closely across all departments to champion a programme that promotes a positive health and safety culture for all
• Ensuring that the SHE policies and systems are managed effectively on site is a key element of this role.
• Ensure the policies adhere to all relevant SHE Legislation and agreed internal standards
• Monitor and embed the management processes, including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system, to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
• Lead the SHE audit programmes on site to ensure compliance within the agreed standards.
• Drive continual improvement to maintain the highest standards of SHE performance at all times, recommending effective and practical solutions to implement within the business
• Manage compliance with all aspects of the site's environmental permit, as well as drive continuous improvement of Environmental awareness culture across the site and championing a programme that promotes sustainability.
Essential qualifications and required experience :-
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum, ideally working towards or completed NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Fast paced manufacturing sector experience
Personality requirements :-
• A resilient, strong and competent leader
• Confident in communication
• Open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at all levels
• Able to balance the strategic needs of the site and also be hands on and visible across the site
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000