Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104262
Role: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Based: Ware, Hertfordshire
Salary: £40,000 per annum + benefits
A high-performing, sustainable facilities management company is seeking a full time and permanent, Health and Safety Advisor to be based on site for a state of the art R&D/ Manufacturing client in Ware.
• To assist the local implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives, including project delivery, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment, adherence to related statutory duties and the furthering of best practice standards.
• Responsible for the co-ordination and provision of all EHS support to the contracts and wholly consistent with both companies EHS policies and procedures.
• To assist in the management of compliance to the Permit to Work system for the activities performed by the facilities management company including Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance before, during and after task.
• Enforce the use of the site work permit system as per both companies work permit procedure.
• To advise, comply and review the Client EHS policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice.
• Work closely with the Operations / Client to review all Work Permits ensuring no potential or interferences with the differing work activities in the areas.
• To support the permit process and ensure accuracy and all risk identified and controlled including supplementary high risk permits.
• To evaluate the effectiveness of permits by auditing and compiling analysis reports.
• Review subcontractor RAMS and recommend improvements and close gaps prior to work commencement.
• Walk the activity relating to permit ensuring compliance.
• Ability to approach and intervene if works are not in line with RAMS / Permit.
• To assist operations in ensuring that the Account is compliant with all EHS: statutory requirements, accredited processes and procedures, contract and Client specific requirements.
• To report on EHS performance to the EHS Manager monthly and to assist the contracts to achieve permit related KPI’s.
• Provide permit related and EHS training to the stakeholders, contractors and operational teams as required.
• Able to work closely with other EHS team members to establish engineering / SMW / projects works requiring permits.
• Check that all complementary/supporting documents such as process, electrical and mechanical isolations required are available to ensure that the work can be performed safely.
• Communication with key stakeholders to ensure permit compliance can be prioritised.
• Review the clients “Safe permit” system to check any permit information is successfully uploaded and correct.
• Develop and use a work permit tracking system for all permits reviewed.
• To assist the operations in reporting of all EHS accidents/incidents/near misses ensuring timely investigations are undertaken, ensuring comprehensive reports, corrective actions and updates as required within set timeframes.
• To support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of EHS Management.
• To undertake regular structured inspections and audits; as defined by the needs of the contract with operations and independently minimum weekly.
• To encourage, support and embed the culture change programme that embraces and supports EHS principles and goals. Promoting “Changing the Way we Work Concepts”.
• To assist in the co-ordination of interactions with relevant statutory bodies and regulatory agencies e.g. Health and Safety Executive.
• To advise and support the contract management on EHS activities, promoting accountability and responsibility. Engaging with the operations team to empower ownership.
• To develop close working relationships and networks within the contract, client, supply chain and business and support the advancement of EHS permitting.
• To support effective business communication through advice, review, direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity when required.
• To assist as necessary with reviews of existing Policies, Procedures, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
• Assist operational teams by attending pre audit reviews and as requested attendance at EHS related client audits.
Essential Experience, Training and Qualifications:-
• NEBOSH Certificate
• Member of IOSH OR IIRSM
• Auditing experience
• Have working knowledge of high risk engineering works such as Hot work, pressurised systems, confined spaces, electrical safety.
• Good working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements on Construction/ Manufacturing sites.
Ideal Personality Traits:-
• Strong communication skills, able to influence, engage and gain buy in from all levels
• Self-motivated, methodical and disciplined.
• Confident training skills
• Empathetic & empowering
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.