Principal Shipping Officer = Bolton
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104240
The Executive Network group’s Logistics & Transport division has a fantastic opportunity to join our client's fast-moving Logistics department as Principal Shipping Officer on a full-time permanent basis.
An opportunity has arisen within a fast-moving Logistics Team for a Principal Shipping Officer to manage the shipping team whilst liaising and working closely with our export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to effectively Import / Export products in the UK.
To be considered for this Principal Shipping Officer role you must:
• Detailed knowledge of UK Movements and International Trade, import/export legislation and processes
• Strength of character not to deviate from the process when other demands conflict.
• Manage the Shipping Team at in to deliver a benchmark export and shipping service to the business
• Ensure timely delivery of product in line with project demands.
• Creation, completion, and management of documentation required to effect export deliveries, to include, transport documents, hazardous goods note, customs formalities etc.
• Ensure topicality of Import, Export and Transport Registers, Hazardous Goods Registers, MOD Form 640 MOD Form 650 Registers
• Liaise with transport and freight forwarding companies both UK and International to ensure worldwide delivery of hardware maintaining compliance with Processes and external legislation
• Promotion of functional excellence
• Assist Export Control Department in compliance with regards to Export Licences, working closely with them to achieve and maintain DIT Accreditation
• Maintain topicality with all transport legislation up to and including prohibited weapons level
• Establish and maintain best practice utilising continuous improvement activities
• Identify process improvements to create an efficient and cost effective service
• Produce and implement KPI’s
• Ensure all Staff Training records are topical
• Bring Best Practice to the team working closely with the shipping team in Stevenage to align processes.
• Promote and maintain effective working relationships with Trade Unions
• Maintain Health & Safety for area of responsibility, ensuring good housekeeping and a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health & Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
• Maintain AAC Accreditation for MOD Stock
Salary up to £40,000 + bonus and benefits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 726 6616 for more information