Occupational Health Advisor - East Midlands
Salary: £32000 - £37000 per annum
Location: East Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104235
Occupational Health Advisor
Remote Working covering the East Midlands and East Anglia network
Salary :- £32,000 - £37,000 per annum + package
Permanent, Full time role (part time or job share would be considered)
Are you an occupational health advisor, who wants to add real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do? Do you want to be a part of a cutting edge, less transactional Occupation Health service? Then this could be the next role for you….
An impressive and established utilities company which is going through a journey of transformation and growth is seeking an Occupational Health Advisor.
Looking for a professional who is able to lead with a caring attitude, to influence and engage with others and help to develop the new inhouse occupational health function.
This is the first time the Occupational Health role has come in-house, which will involve establishing the Occupational Health service as the company is moving away from external provider to ensure a more consistent, personal, comprehensive and hands on service to their employees.
You will be working from home and reporting to the Senior Occupational Health Advisor , with access to a wider supportive network.
• Provide a high quality, professional, evidence based and objective Occupational Health services to include but not limited to:
o Case Management referrals, Fitness for Work advice, Pre- placement, Night work questionnaires, Health & Wellbeing advice & promotion, Support for work related employee risk assessments, stress, DSE, Covid-19, Delivery of Health & Wellbeing campaigns and promotions
• Be the Network figure head for the OH team, liaise with key stakeholders to obtain feedback and develop and evolve the services to meet the business needs
• Develop key stakeholder relationships with Network Managers, SHES specialist & HR Advisers
• Support the development of Occupational Health policies, standards and procedures in liaison with SEQOHS standards
• Attend key stakeholder meetings and events, delivery of reports and presentations relating to the Occupational Health Service and your Local Network
• Monitor, analyse, interpret and report on service delivery metrics including SLAs, KPIs and Health Data within your Network
• Deliver the Health Assessment / Health Surveillance Program for your Network with support from the OH Technician Team
• Manage the day to day delivery of the OH Technician to ensure optimum use of the resource to achieve agreed compliance targets
• Continually seek innovations and opportunities to improve and enhance the OH Service
• Effective utilisation of support services including EAP, Physical & Psychological Rehabilitation and Neurodiversity services
• Work closely with the Senior OH Manager and H&WB manager to ensure third party services including EAP and Rehabilitation provision are delivered to agreed SLAs
Experience required :
• Broad experience of Occupational Health nursing, ideally in the Utility Sector – Essential
• Occupational Health nursing background - Essential
• Experience working in corporate field of Occupational Health – Essential
• Experience of SEQOHS standards – Desirable
• Competent to undertake and interrupt core Health Assessment tasks including Respiratory, Audio, Visual, Vibration & Driving
• Experience of Vibration Health Surveillance
• Experience in complex case management and multi-disciplinary case conferencing
• Excellent problem-solving skills to devise workable solutions to the occupational health issues identified
• Experience of Mental Health & Wellbeing Assessment – GAD7, PHQ9
• Dynamic and positive
• Tactful and engaging
• Approachable and supportive
• Communicative and able to gain buy in from all levels of the workforce
Interested? For immediate consideration please contact Sophia on 0121 454 5000 or email your CV to email@example.com