Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104231
FMCG manufacturing company
Reporting to SHE Manager
Based in Cardiff
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum + benefit package
Proud to represent a thriving and profitable food manufacturing company based in Cardiff who are searching for their first Environmental focused Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor to support the development of their environmental management system on site, to overseeing the environmental performance to ensure compliance, sustainability and continual improvement. The ideal candidate will be hands on, a strong communicator and engage with staff at all levels.
Main responsibilities :-
• To provide support on site for managers to deliver EHS best practice across the site
• Drive and support a positive EHS culture and behaviours
• Support the development of the environmental management system for the site, support the implementation and management of ISO 50001 and ISO 14001
• Work closely with the energy management team
• Work with and train all employees to manage, monitor and improve the EHS standards in the workplace
• Liaise with HR and Occupational health representatives, where appropriate, to advise on how risks can be managed effectively in line with best practice.
• Coordinate and/or carry out accident, incident and near-miss investigations as required.
• Liaise with legal representatives and company insurance providers pro-actively to respond to employee or third-party accident claims
• To actively research and communicate developments in health and safety and environmental legislation and provide proposals for any required changes in policy or procedures.
• To educate and support operational managers in making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with EHS
• Support all EHS inspections in the workplace (for example, emissions, monitoring noise and dust levels) and advise on a range of specialist areas as required e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, LOLER regulations, occupational diseases, disposal streams and waste management.
• To record, analyse and communicate health, safety and environmental statistics whilst benchmarking against industry and group standards.
• To collate accident, hazard, “near miss” and waste stream data and report. Identify trends and make recommendations as appropriate.
• To liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and environmental bodies as required.
• Co-ordinate source, and/or deliver EHS related training and briefings as required, and support environmental, health and safety committee meetings,
• To liaise with and appropriately delegate health, safety and environmental tasks and responsibilities to the all team members
• Work with departmental managers to reduce the overall operational impact on the environment, focussing on reducing waste, water usage and energy
Essential qualifications and required experience :-
• Environmental qualification, NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or IEMA membership
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• Ideally from FMCG Manufacturing experience (Food, Beverage, Agricultural, Paper or Packaging) but could be flexible for the right person
• Experience working with ISO 50001 and ISO 14001
Personality requirements :-
• Positive, passionate and confident
• Able to communicate well at all levels
• Open communication style
• Able to engage and create buy in
• Be hands on and visible across the site
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000