Warehouse Shift Manager - Wakefield
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104230
The Executive Network Groups Logistics & Transport Division is currently recruiting a Warehouse Shift Manager to help maintain the transition from manufacturing to storage and delivery the customer.
The Warehouse Shift manager will be responsible the day to day management of the Warehouse department, ensuring that products are maintained to the quality standards of the business and any defective products are identified and actioned prior to loading.
You will have a positive outlook with a strong focus on doing the right thing for the customer, creating win-wins and display energy and tenacity.
• To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring you respond in a timely and effective manner to Customer Services queries regarding missing or lost items;
• To be responsible for identifying shortages 24 / 48 hours ahead of delivery, providing production with a comprehensive list to chase;
• To develop and implement a returns policy and be responsible for the efficient and timely clearance of the returned goods area daily, ensuring the returned goods are given to the relevant department for possible remake;
• To provide warehouse information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing warehouse performance records and data, responding to questions and requests and produce weekly/daily reports – including extra costs, OTIF, shortage reports and any other reports requested by the Logistics Operations Manager and other Managers;
• To be responsible for the training and development of warehouse staff, observing and coaching to maintain performance, monitor progress and conduct staff reviews, identifying relevant training and development of the Warehouse staff Person Attributes
• Previous experience of Warehouse and Logistics operations with a sound working knowledge and experience of working in a fast-moving manufacturing facility;
• Previous managerial experience with the ability to coach and mentor the staff team and qualified preferably to NVQ Level 4 in Supervisory Management;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to follow processes and produce measurable results with the ability to demonstrate effective time management and prioritise tasks;
• Good people management skills with the ability to motivate and mentor your team, undertake regular reviews with individuals, deliver toolbox talks and team meetings and undertake quarterly performance reviews;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and customers with the ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered and measured in a timely and effective manner;
Salary: 25-30k plus benefits
Please email James.email@example.com for more information