Regional Health & Safety Manager - North West
Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum
Location: North West England
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104213
The HSE Recruitment Logistics & Transport division have been engaged by a UK logistics business to recruit for them a Regional Health and Safety Business Partner to cover the North West, Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside areas.
The role is as you would expect, a good mix of technical compliance to improve site performance mixed with the softer skills to encourage a change in behaviours. You will support the sites with training, ensuring safe working practices, create and improve risk assessments, accident investigations and ISO systems management. You will work closely with the Operational leadership teams to develop a positive health and safety culture, engaging and inspiring Operational site leaders to deliver a safe place to work.
Skills and experience required-
• Diploma Level H&S qualification is desired but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but you must be working towards your Diploma.
• Ideally parcel delivery/logistics experience would be preferred but other multisite experience will be considered such as manufacturing.
• Forward thinking and confident
• Experience in a similar level role is required
• Extensive experience at risk assessments and hazard spotting.
• Experience at development and delivery of training.
• Competent IT skills including Web applications, Word and Excel.
• Clean driving license
Most importantly we are looking for someone who will go above and beyond who is hungry for the responsibility that comes with this role and a desire to really push their Region forward. You will be inquisitive, confident and bang down doors and work hard to get the job done. You will have demonstrable experience improving underperforming sites and making autonomous decisions.
Salary for this role is £40-50,000 + £5,500 car allowance.
If you are interested in finding our more about this role, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday the 9th of April.
First stage interview will be a virtual Q&A following by MS teams interview on 21st April