Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104210
HSE Recruitment have been exclusively engaged by a World Leading Manufacturing company in Northampton to find them a new, experienced Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. If you want the opportunity to take your skills and develop them even further in a large complex facility where you will be exposed to almost every risk imaginable, then this is the role for you.
You will work under an experienced HSE Manager and alongside two team members, but you will act as the Senior HSE Advisor on site. We are looking for an experienced HSE Advisor who has the capabilities to work autonomously and confidently on their own as part of a team. You will be based at the Northampton facility which has just under 1000 staff. This is innovative and cutting edge manufacturing company who engineer and design every detail of the products they manufacture.
You will champion all things HSE on site with a focus of improving in particular in the following areas:
Management of complex chemicals, fire safety, PUWER, explosive atmosphere, machinery and ATEX. Behavioural safety at shop floor level is something that is already underway but they focus moving forward is to tailor and focus on the middle managers- they need coaching, mentoring and skills developing to bring them on the journey and close the competency gaps.
Person/ Skills/ Experience we are looking for:
• NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum.
• Experience in a complex manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Experience in a similar level role ready to step into a Senior HSE Advisor role.
• Adaptable and can work quickly and deal with changing demands.
• Be capable of pushing back and having conviction when you need it, be self-aware and know your limits.
• Be Positive, communicate well and engage the staff.
• Find solutions to problems, don’t ‘stand in peoples’ way, help them do what they are doing but safely.
We will be contacting people regarding their applications on w/c 6th April
If you are interested in finding out more, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this advert.