Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104194
Do you want to join an impressive, fast paced Food Manufacturing company as SHE Manager ?
Are you an passionate, engaging and proactive Safety Health and Environmental Professional ? Looking to develop and improve the safety culture, where everyone is accountable for SHE ?
If so this is the job for you!
HSE Recruitment Network are currently representing this particular FMCG Food Manufacturing organisation who specialise in ready meals, who are seeking a strong Safety Health and Environment Manager to manage a large site with 700 staff.
Role, SHE Manager
Based in Boston, Lincolnshire
Reporting to the site General Manager
Salary : £55,000 to £60,000 per annum, plus package which includes a car allowance £8,400, 25 days holiday + bank holidays (+ holiday purchase scheme), Group Pension, Bonus up to
20%, Private Healthcare for you and your family.
Seeking a strong professional who will be passionate and engaging in their approach. Able to lead with gravitas, manage change, develop procedures and deliver an effective and positive culture behavioural change programme.
• Devise and implement site SHE strategies (in line with the overall site strategy) to enable the delivery of a proactive SHE culture across the entire site, providing a valuable competitive edge to the business through the behaviour of its people.
• Manage and lead the SHE Advisors to ensure effective performance.
• Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment legal requirements, policies, standards, procedures are interpreted, communicated, documented and systems exist to ensure the Business Unit is compliant with current legislation and company policy regarding SHE.
• Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the Health, Safety and Environment management system for the business, ensuring that all relevant paperwork and reports are completed and issued to relevant parties as required.
• Design, implement, monitor and report site SHE performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets regarding SHE.
• Identification and coordination of SHE training and development for managers, enabling effective management of SHE in every respect and ensuring that key personnel involved in Health & Safety activities are competent to fulfil their responsibilities.
• Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement of Health & Safety and best environmental practice through the effective engagement of the workforce.
• Ensure all incidents are investigated, recorded and reported, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents. Notification of incidents to enforcement authorities as required.
• Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
• Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities / loss adjusters and that any communications are reported to the Head of Operations.
Essential Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Manufacturing experience, ideally with prior food manufacturing experience and 24/7 manufacturing experience
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• GradIOSH as a minimum
• Experience with OHSAS18001 / ISO 45001
• Proven to support and improve cultural and behavioural change
• Change management experience
Ideal Personality Traits:-
• Self-motivated and engaging with gravitas
• Strategic and Hands on
• Adaptive thinker
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
• Strong coach and mentor
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.