Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104154
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a Global Manufacturing and Engineering organisation in Northampton for a Safety, Health and Environment Coordinator. Working under the guidance of an experienced manager you will be integral to the creation and driving of a cultural change programme as well as maintaining everything HSE on site.
This organisation operate on a Global scale across 27 countries but the Northampton site has a real family feel about it. There are just shy of 200 staff on site across two facilities; manufacturing, R&D and office space. Over the last 2 years have seen a real culture shift not just with safety but across the business. They are a positive organisation, working more collaboratively, investing across the group and it’s a really exciting time to join and be a part of this.
This is an opportunity for someone to come in and really take ownership of those day to day tasks and support the business in moving forward in its development of the safety culture. To develop in the role and update policies and procedures, be involved in training, analyse data, managing the ISO 45001 and 14001 systems and create method statements and risk assessments. You will be encouraged to make suggestions to improve things and take accountability for tasks in the department. You have the opportunity to be part of the problem solving and the business moving forward.
Skills and qualifications required:
• Someone who is in a similar HSE Advisor, Coordinator or Officer position.
• NEBOSH Certificate qualified
• Ideally we are looking for experience within a manufacturing/engineering business but other customer facing roles such as distribution, warehouse, field based roles etc will be considered.
• ISO experience would be beneficial but not essential
• Admin and data analysis including reading and analysing the data, spotting trends and coming up with solutions.
• Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• A people person, someone who is confident, hands on and visible on site, who can deal with challenges and be resilient to push back
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels.
• Organised and capable of prioritising workload
If you are interested in finding out more about this role then please apply for the role or send your CV directly to aisling.reid@hserecruitment and we can arrange a further call.