Occupational Health Advisor
Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104143
Occupational Health Advisor – full time, permanent opportunity.
Based in Manton Wood, Worksop
Salary: £40,000+ Benefits inc, great training and development programme
An impressive and growing food manufacturing company is looking to hire an experienced Occupational Health Advisor on a full time basis, to promote occupational health and wellbeing for all. Seeking an individual who is able to lead with a caring attitude, to influence and engage with others and develop the new inhouse occupational health function.
Flexibility will needed occasionally across evenings and weekends to capture all shift patterns on site which is operational 24/7. You will report into the Group Occupational Health Manager.
This role is to be based in a large manufacturing site with circa 1700 employees, they have great facilities such as, gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
This is the first time the Occupational Health role has come in-house, will involve establishing the Occupational Health service as the company is moving away from external provider to ensure a more consistent and hands on service to their employees.
• This role will initially involve setting up processes, planning wellbeing and health surveillance programmes and processes for referrals. Ensuring that all employees are healthy and work in a safe environment
• Work closely with the site HR team and Operation teams to deploy safe working policies and health promotion schemes to maximise wellbeing and reduce absence rates.
• Provide new starter screening for all colleagues to ensure compliance with statutory and company standards
• Advise on individual health issues and promote health education within the workplace to maximise colleague understanding
• Monitor number and capability of first aiders to ensure that there are trained and competent to provide the required level of response in an emergency
• Provide data analysis based on case management and health surveillance to drive compliance and prioritise local prevention activities.
• Provide medical advice, support and counselling to employees where required and guide the company on progress and adaptations as appropriate
• Ensure the safekeeping of all confidential medical records, in accordance with GDPR guidelines, to ensure auditable information is in place
Essential qualifications and experience;
• Registered Nurse, with a degree or diploma in Occupational Health – however we would accept someone already on this path or wanting to do their qualifications (with prior OH experience)
• Member of SOM
• Experience of undertaking case management and surveillance in-house or with external providers
• Have confidence to make decisions and use initiative in this standalone role
• Knowledge of GDPR and confident user of Excel
Key personality traits;
• Confident and clear communication style
• Able to engage and influence at all levels
• Able to prioritise, be hands on and visible across the site
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000