Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £48000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104141
Health and Safety Manager – innovative, global FMCG Manufacturing Company
Reporting to Operations Director
Based in Wakefield
Salary : £50,000-55,000 per annum + package
Working alongside a trusted, sustainable and impressive manufacturing company who are leaders in their field to support them on the search for an engaging and down to earth H&S Manager to join their main UK site Wakefield in West Yorkshire.
Main responsibilities :-
• To provide support for managers to deliver H&S best practice across the site
• Drive and support a positive Health and safety culture and behaviours
• Monitor and report on health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace and management of emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders.
• Work with and train all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
• Liaise with HR and Occupational health representatives, where appropriate, to advise on how risks can be managed effectively in line with best practice.
• Coordinate and/or carry out accident and incident and near-miss investigations as required.
• Liaise with legal representatives and company insurance providers pro-actively to respond to employee or third-party accident claims
• To actively research and communicate developments in health and safety and/or environmental legislation and provide proposals for any required changes in policy or procedures.
• To educate and support operational managers in making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
• Responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace (for example, monitoring noise and dust levels and advise on a range of specialist areas as required e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, LOLER regulations, occupational diseases, disposal streams and waste management.
• To record, analyse and communicate health, safety and environmental statistics whilst benchmarking against industry and group standards.
• To collate accident, hazard, “near miss” and waste stream data and report through Credit 360 portal. Identify trends and make recommendations as appropriate.
• To liaise with the HSE and environmental bodies as required.
• Co-ordinate source, and/or deliver health and safety related training and briefings as required, and to organise and co-chair bi-monthly health and safety committee meetings,
• To support the Operations Director at group and site health and safety meetings and the employee relations forum. To provide management reports as appropriate.
• To liaise with and appropriately delegate health and safety and environmental tasks and responsibilities to the office manager.
• To coordinate and monitor (frequency and quality) of departmental health and safety audits by nominated individuals, and to ensure actions are completed by the relevant department head, and policies and procedures are being adhered to.
• Work with departmental managers to reduce the overall operational impact on the environment, focussing on reducing waste, water usage and energy
Essential qualifications and required experience :-
• NEBOSH H&S Diploma – or equivalent
• NEBOSH Environmental Certificate or IEMA membership
• FMCG Manufacturing experience ( Food, Beverage, Agricultural, Paper or Packaging)
Personality requirements :-
• A positive, strong and confident leader
• Able to communicate well at all levels
• Open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at all levels
• Able to balance the strategic needs of the site and also be hands on and visible across the site
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000