Regional Health and Safety Advisor - South England
Salary: £32000 per annum
Location: South East England
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104116
Established household retailer who manufacture in the UK.
Regional Health and Safety Advisor
Salary : £30,000 - £32,000 per annum + company car, fuel card, 10% bonus + package
Based from home with expectations to travel 2-3 days per week for site visits
Working hours are 9am to 5pm with flexibility required due to the nature of the field based role.
• Supporting over 50 small stores, warehouse and distribution sites across the South of England
• Based in the South of the UK with your area of responsibility covering locations between: Ashford in Kent, Truro in Cornwall and our London locations.
• Occasional travel to the HQ in Doncaster, for meetings and the ability to travel is therefore a requirement of the job.
• Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager
If you are a passionate health and safety professional who is able to influence cultural change and support positive safety behaviours and able to work collaboratively then this could be the right opportunity for you !
Main responsibilities of the role :-
• Providing professional advice, training and support to circa 46 Retail Stores and 9 Distribution Centres.
• Working closely with the Group Health and Safety Manager and collaboratively with key stakeholders, you will be part of a friendly and dynamic team
• Completing company Health and Safety audits both remotely through video call and on site for our Retail Stores and Distribution Centres
• Complete audit close out meetings and agree findings from reports with local management along with actions to address weaknesses identified
• Raising awareness of risk and providing the Group Health and Safety Manager with assurance that the management framework of Health & Safety is effective
• Ensuring compliance and company best practice regarding H&S issues and effectively following up on external audits, insurance inspections, EHO and Fire Officer visits.
• Complete accident investigations when required.
• Complete Fire Risk Assessment reviews across your region following a structured plan.
• As part of a National team, assisting with the regular review of H&S documentation and developing new policies, systems taking into account new and current legislation, best practice and business needs.
• Monitoring your regions performance of H&S through the online management system.
Essential experience and qualifications :
• Health and safety background within Retail, manufacturing, warehouse, transport, logistics or distribution
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
• Experience supporting multiple sites
Additional requirements :-
• Self-motivated, able to manage your own diary and flexible work patterns
• Able to engage and influence others
• Confident communicator
• Proactive and strong attention to detail
• Down to earth, team player and passionate
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.