Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104106
We are working with a unique bespoke furniture manufacturing business in Somerset who are seeking a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join them in a period of exciting growth. If you are looking for a well-rounded position in which you truly have full control and accountability for all aspects of health, safety and environmental development within an international company, then this could be the right step for you.
This is a brand-new position for a progressive manufacturing business who are growing rapidly and are now in need of a full time HSE professional to support them as they further expand. This role will be based at their manufacturing site in Somerset; however you will be required to travel to construction sites perhaps one day a week.
You will work closely with the Directors in setting clear goals and a strategy as well as on the shop floor and on site, driving forward standards, culture and accountability. You will be the company’s expert on HSE matters, ensuring that the business has robust policies and procedures in place. Liaising with clients, in an articulate manner and presenting yourself professionally is key in this role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop robust policies and procedures
• Drive a programme of continuous reduction of the company’s environmental impact
• Set goals and objectives for the business including budget planning
• Conduct all accident and incident investigations
• Conduct risk assessments for machinery, COSHH etc
• Regularly visit construction sites to monitor and audit
• Lead the business to CHAS and ISO Accreditations
What do you need to be successful in this position:
• NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 (or equivalent qualification) is desired, but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate if your experience is strong
• An environmental qualification would be beneficial alongside experience
• An in-depth knowledge of the latest innovations in environmental practice
• CHAS or ISO experience is essential
• Manufacturing and construction site experience would be ideal
• Strong communicator both verbal and written with experince presenting to a high level internally and externally to clients
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages, such as outlook, word and excel
• An ability to work independently as well part of team
If you are interested in finding out more about this position please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000 to discuss further.