Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104084
Do you wish to drive compliance, sustainability and continual improvement across a small but mighty manufacturing environment? Do you want to affect change and be a part of a growing and well respected family business? Then this is the role for you!
Meat Manufacturing Company
Environmental Manager, full time position
Based in Redgrave, Norfolk OR Debach, Woodbridge
£28,000 - £35,000 Pro Rata + pool car + company auto enrolment pension (3% Vs 5%) and profit related bonus scheme, staff shop and personal development programme.
• Managing multiple small agricultural sites and 2 factories
• Reporting to the Group Senior Risk Advisor
Main responsibilities of the role :-
• Responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of the group to ensure compliance, sustainability and continual improvement.
• Be responsible for all Environmental Permits and meet deadlines for Environmental Permitting, licensing and inventory reporting
• Maintain the two MCERT for flow certifications through audit hosting and maintenance of the Environmental Management System
• Support the Group Senior Risk Advisor towards implementing ISO 14001 Standard
• Take ownership of internal audits from an environmental perspective
• Champion environmental training across the site
• Monitor, track and report on Environmental action plan
• Be a key individual within Environmental projects across the site working cross functionally
• Promote environmental best practice across the site and advise sites on new ways of working
• Engage and work closely with regulators and stakeholders
Essential requirements :
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of water treatment processes
• Effective management the Environmental Management System
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
• IEMA is desirable
• Manufacturing experience
• Able to engage and influence others
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Down to earth, team player and passionate
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.