Group Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104068
Seeking a strategic Group Health and Safety Manager to join a growing and impressive food manufacturing company, specialising in meat processing and manufacturing.
Home based role with regular travel to the following sites, Abergavenny, Brackley, Dudley, Newent, Hereford, Hollybank, Telford and Newent.
Direct reports; the Health and Safety Managers for each of the 8 sites
Base Salary; £55,000 per annum - £60,000 ( flexible for the right individual) + Benefits inc, £6500 car allowance, up to a 30% bonus, impressive training and development programme
Reporting directly to the Head of Safety
A leading and growing food manufacturing company is looking to hire an experienced and strategic Group Health and Safety Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage stakeholders and “raise the bar” for Health and Safety across the 8 sites.
• Work closely with the Head of Safety and Logistics Operations to construct and continually evolve a strategy in order create and implement the Health, Safety and Transport policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth.
• Manage, coach and develop all functional reports and site management to enable them to fulfil their roles and develop further.
• Engage with all levels across the business to drive engagement in order to improve the safety culture and ultimately our performance.
• Continually monitor and manage the operational performance and embed Health & Safety best practice through continuous improvement, gaining commitment and driving risk reduction.
• Managing a regular audit, inspection and reporting program, maintaining and improving management systems in line with legislative changes, company policy and best practice.
• Acting as a key Health & Safety point of contact for the operational sites, including regulators.
• To be responsible monitoring relevant improvements and to be instrumental in any initiatives to produce a reduction in claims.
• Leading on new initiatives across health, safety and transport and ensuring full regulatory compliance.
• Support technological developments in the reporting of information and KPI’s and actively promote the use of these systems across the business.
• Provision of Health & Safety information to site management, relevant managers and the Head of Safety and Logistics in a timely manner when required e.g. audit reports, KPI’s, incident reports and analysis
Essential qualifications and experience;
• Multisite management skills
• Change management skills
• Cultural change and behavioural safety
• Food manufacturing background or similar
• NEBOSH certificate as a minimum
• GRAD IOSH as a minimum
Key personality traits;
• A resilient and competent professional who leads with gravitas
• Confident and open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at a stakeholder levels
• Able to balance the strategic needs of the site and be visible across the site
Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000