Salary: £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104059-1
Medium sized, single food manufacturing site based in Wisbech
£50,000 per annum + Benefits inc, impressive training and development programme
A leading food manufacturing company is looking to hire an experienced SHE Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage others and take the site on a safety journey.
- Providing professional support and guidance to the Site Leadership team on all operational Safety, Health and Environmental matters.
- Drive continuous improvement of behavioural safety and environmental awareness culture across the site
- Working closely across all departments to champion a programme that promotes a positive health and safety culture for all
- Ensuring that the SHE policies and systems are managed effectively on site is a key element of this role.
- Ensure the policies adhere to all relevant SHE Legislation and agreed internal standards
- Monitor and embed the management processes, including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system, to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Lead the SHE audit programmes on site to ensure compliance within the agreed standards.
- Drive continual improvement to maintain the highest standards of SHE performance at all times, recommending effective and practical solutions to implement within the business
- Manage compliance with all aspects of the site's environmental permit, as well as drive continuous improvement of Environmental awareness culture across the site and championing a programme that promotes sustainability.
Essential qualifications and experience;
- Food manufacturing background
- NEBOSH diploma/equivalent as a minimum
- GRAD IOSH as a minimum
- IEMA or other environmental qualification
Key personality traits;
- A resilient, strong and competent leader
- Confident in communication
- Open communication style
- Able to engage and influence at all levels
- Able to balance the strategic needs of the site and also be hands on and visible across the site
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000