Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104054
Role: Health and Safety Officer
Location: Tewkesbury with ad hoc travel across the 5 depos
Salary : £30-35K + Benefits
Do you want to work for a growing, independent food manufacturing company with a family feel ? Do you actually want to facilitate change, improve the safety culture across the company and drive accountability for H&S? If so this could be the next position for you!
Proud to represent this award winning, SME, dairy company who are looking for their next Health and Safety Officer. This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you will manage the Health & Safety function on a day to day basis for the company across one manufacturing site and 5 depos ( 370 staff).
You will report in to the HR Manager with a dotted line to the Operations Director and will be the technical specialist for H&S for the company.
• Improve, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
• Be the most senior technical specialist and offer sound advice, ensuring the company meets the statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training.
• Ensure that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Develop and ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Develop a management system and ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that fire, workplace and work equipment safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks including COSHH.
• Drive the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and be their first point of contact for HSE requirements
• Set up a Health & Safety Committee with regular meetings and ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Provide regular reports to the HR Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
• Participate in operational monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
• Work closely with HR to develop and deliver a strong cultural and behavioural change programme.
Essential qualifications and experience :
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• FMCG Manufacturing experience
Ideal personality traits :-
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Visible cross the site and hands on in your approach
• Collaborative and strong communication skills
• Innovative and creative
• Engaging and able to influence at all levels
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.