Salary: £38000 - £42000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104048
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a high-risk manufacturing business who are seeking a HSE Officer to cover their plant in Swansea. This is a really great opportunity for someone who wants to take their experince into a business who are going through exciting business change as well as cultural safety change.
You will be responsible for bringing the HSE strategy and plan alive on site in this standalone role under the direction of the HSE Director who is based at another site. This is a hands-on role in which you will be visible, driving safety across operations on site at all levels. You will work closely with the senior managers to ensure safety is represented as the number one priority. This role allows you the autonomy to take ownership for safety on this site but with the support and guidance of a team on another site.
The role in a nutshell:
You will ensure the Plant is compliant with current environmental, health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice, permits and guidance. You will be responsible for conduct risk assessments to a high standard, identifying hazards, risks and suitable controls. You will be managing and implementing risk reduction initiatives, promoting a culture of safety working practices. You will be conducting thorough accident and incident investigation to ensure that the root cause is identified, and suitable corrective and preventive controls are put in place. You will manage the systems, ensure training is up to date and drive the vision forward.
• You must have held a similar level role within a manufacturing or engineering business.
• NEBOSH certificate as a minimum.
• Must have a Strong practical working knowledge of HSE and legislation, ideally ISO 45001 (formerly OHSAS18001) and ISO 14001.
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of activities in a systematic way.
• Demonstrates excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Experience of analysing information and presenting reports in a clear and simple way.
• You will also be positive, friendly, approachable and take ownership of the job.
• You will be pragmatic in your approach, find ways to continuously improve and be accurate and efficient.
Salary for this role is circa £38-42,000.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV directly to email@example.com or apply to the role, making the above experience clear on your CV.