Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Salary: £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104039
HSE Recruitment are working with a growing Facilities Management business to recruit their Health, Safety and Compliance Manager, based in Birmingham.
The business predominantly provide soft services to a range of clients across the UK. Reporting into the Operations Director, the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will oversee all strategic and operational improvements in Health, Safety and Compliance across the business. Historically, safety was outsourced but due to growth there is a need for a permanent employee to really set the standards and lead the business through further growth plans. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to be part of a hard working team and the opportunity to truly make your mark. You will be in control of setting your own standards, policies and procedures, will be trusted to manage your own time and be self-motivated and driven to strive for excellence.
This is a part time position, working 3 days per week. The post holder will have autonomy to plan and manage their diary, but a degree of flexibility is required by the company.
Key responsibilities include:
• Rewriting and revamping all Health and Safety policies, procedures, strategy and vision
• Engage key stakeholders across the business to develop and improve a collaborative and cohesive behaviour safety culture
• Build upon and manage the safety management system and external accreditation's including IS045001, ISO9001 and ISO14001
• Lead on operational Health and Safety management including audits, accident investigation, training and completing risk assessments
• Provide appropriate advice to the business on risk management, including identifying, assessing and mitigating risks where appropriate
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
• Grad IOSH (advantageous)
• Experience within Facilities Management, Property Management or Real Estate is desired but other sectors may be considered
• Strong communication and engagement skills
• Recent experience in a management position with a proven track record of enhancing Health, Safety and Compliance standards
• Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle
In return, the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will be paid a salary up to £50,000 per annum (pro rata) plus further benefits.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Joe Hodgson on 0121 454 5000 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org