Regional HSE Lead
Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum
Location: South East England
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104020
Regional Health Safety and Environmental Lead
38 stores across South East and East Anglia
Travel expectations, store based 3 days a week and office based 2 days a week in Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire.
Reporting to the Head of Operations
Salary : £32,000 to £35,000 per annum + £5K car allowance, 9 % pension, 10% bonus
Do you want to work for an expanding, high end food service / retail company with a family feel? Do you want to develop and improve HSE and standardise safety across multiple stores, warehouse and fleet? Are you passionate and able to engage others and facilitate change? If so this could the be the right next opportunity for you!
• Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety, vehicle fleet (and facilities) management within Group are adhered to.
• Be the most senior technical specialist and offer sound advice the group, ensuring they meet the statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting, and driver safety.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Develop and ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Establish a management system and ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that fire, workplace and work equipment safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Establish a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks including COSHH.
• Drive the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and be their first point of contact for HSE requirements
• Manage and devise the agenda and chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings and ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Provide regular reports to the Head of Operations, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
• Participate in operational monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
Essential Qualifications and Experience :
• NEBOSH Health and Safety Certificate
• Environmental Qualification
• Certificate Internal Auditing Qualification preferred ( ISO 45001 / ISO 14001)
• Experience within FMCG / food / beverage industry or food / Beverage manufacturing or food/ beverage service or catering
Ideal Personality Traits :-
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Visible and hands on
• Collaborative and strong communication skills
• Innovative and creative
• Engaging and able to influence at all levels
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.