Salary: £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104019
HSE Site Lead
Small single manufacturing site based in Uttoxeter
Salary : £35K + Benefits
Do you want to work for an multi-award-winning food manufacturing company with an open, honest and supportive culture? Do you want to facilitate change and be involved in interesting and diverse projects which will improve safety and behaviours? If so this could be the next position for you!
Proud to represent this impressive Food Manufacturing company and currently seeking an HSE Site Lead to be based across a small manufacturing site. This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you will manage the Health & Safety and Environmental Function on a day to day basis.
This role will suit a co-ordinator looking for their first managerial role or a junior HSE manager, mentorship and support will be offered by other senior HSE Managers and there will be opportunity to progress within the HSE Department.
• You will sit on the senior leadership team and will be a key influencer to ensure that the site is achieving legislative compliance, zero losses and developing a safety culture through engagement and capability building of our colleagues
• Support the implementation of the Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policy through the implementation and embedding of the HSE Pillar at site level and supporting the interaction between capital management process and Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Coach and build capability in accident and incident investigations to ensure that both corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented.
• Liaise with the Regulatory Authorities and Insurers on key matters such as Fire Risk Assessments, RIDDOR reporting, Emergency Planning, Discharge consents & Improvement Plans as required
• Risk profiling/risk reduction based on-site Risk assessments, including for example Fire, Machinery Safety, DSEAR, and Maintenance.
• Create appropriate site risk assessments and development of safe systems of work.
• Play a key part of driving overall performance at the site
• Prepare and present HSE Data /presentations as required to Safety Committee, Site Leadership Team and Executive reviews.
• Manage Employee Liability claims in conjunction with Employee Health and Wellbeing and Insurers to minimise cost to the company and reduce the number of claims ongoing.
• Engage, communicate and be proactive and visible to support the site improvements in Health, Safety and Environment, behaviours and culture
• Manage site HSE Budget and determine and support the delivery of annual HSE Capital spend
• Conduct internal HSE and Energy audits to ensure legal compliance, and develop annual plans to support reduction of risk and continuous improvement in HSE and Energy.
• NEBOSH General Certificate
Ideal personality traits :-
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Visible and hands on
• Collaborative and strong communication skills
• Innovative and creative
• Engaging and able to influence at all levels
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.