Salary: £28000 - £34000 per annum
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104017
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a growing SME in West Yorkshire to become their SHEQ Officer. If you want to work for a growing business who want to improve safety and one in which you are not just a number, then this could be the role for you.
This is a growing business with high risk production sites which are not for the faint hearted; they are high risk, dirty, gritty sites and as such they need someone who isn't phased by this type of environment. There is a real family feel to the business, were everyone pulls together and works as part of a team to get the job done. Safety is at the top of the agenda and is championed from Director level, down to site level.
This role will be very hands on in covering 4 sites across the UK, with the majority of travel being within the 3 sites in the West Yorkshire area. They are commutable from Wakefield, Leeds, Barnsley and Doncaster. You will work very closely with your QHSE Manager as well as directly at site level with the Site Managers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Throughout the sites, monitor all processing operations continuously looking for any areas that can be improved.
• Audit the sites looking for compliance to legislation and lead from the front. Help employees to understand why we do tasks in a certain way and work on improving culture.
• Promote a safety culture on site, understand the manufacturing processes, look for areas of improvement in Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental practices.
• Maintain the ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 systems.
• Analysis data, quality statistics, incident, and accident rates across all 4 sites. Assist as required with accident investigations and post-accident interviews / data gathering.
• Review test methods, procedures and SSOW. Have the ability to train these out in a simple, but effective way.
Experience and qualification required:
• Ideally NEBOSH Certificate is desirable but IOSH managing safely would also be considered with a desire to do your certificate.
• ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 experience with a desirable requirement to be lead auditor.
• Have a good understanding of the 5s culture.
• Experience in a high risk sector, such as manufacturing, engineering or waste and recycling.
• System focused, ability to create new procedures and documents.
• Experience of RIDDOR reporting and investigating.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Change management experience with the ability to influence and improve culture.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role or are open to finding out more, please get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or over email on firstname.lastname@example.org.