Safety, Health, and Environmental Coordinator
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441104005
This is a great opportunity to be part of an award-winning team and be involved in some of the most prestigious projects around the world with project values, ranging up to £50+ million.
This company is a privately owned high end specialist fit out company, operating within the Luxury, Lifestyle and Museum Sectors and are looking to employ experienced, conscientious, self-motivated and ambitious individuals with good background in fit out sectors to join their expanding team. You will be based from Surrey but with some ad hoc London travel expected as needed.
Purpose of the role:
• To support the project team in the management of health, safety and environment during the delivery of the construction project.
• Delivering site inductions and toolbox talks as directed by the Project Lead.
• Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported correctly in a timely manner.
• Ensuring waste transfer notes are completed correctly and stored.
• Issuing ladder, hot works, roof and permits to dig.
• Maintaining and updating site notice boards.
• Maintaining and updating the complaints log.
• Maintaining records of energy usage and promoting good practices to reduce energy consumption.
• Maintaining records of site inspections conducted by the SHE team, client personnel and subcontractor SHE advisers ensuring that all actions are monitored, and the Project Lead advised of actions becoming due/ overdue.
• Maintaining site health, safety and environmental records including:
o Induction records.
o Toolbox talks.
o Training records.
o Risk assessments and method statements.
o Inspection records e.g. Scaffolding, plant, equipment, lifting, ladders, hoardings inspections etc)
o Near miss and incident records.
o HAVS records.
• Maintaining the PPE stores and ensure individuals are only issued with PPE if they have training in its use, maintenance, and storage.
• Producing and updating the site induction presentation.
• Reviewing subcontractor risk assessments and method statements.
• Support site/line managers in undertaking minor injury and incident investigations.
• Supporting the COSHH, Fire and First Aid coordinators in the execution of their responsibilities.
• Supporting the Project Lead in the administration of consultation meetings including sending out invitations, arranging venues.
• Supporting the Project Lead in the production and maintenance of site plans such as:
• Fire management plan.
• Traffic management plan.
• Waste management plan.
• Undertaking face fit testing for employees and agency staff being managed by the company.
• Undertaking monthly reviews of the Construction Phase Plan and advising the Project Lead of any changes required to ensure that the plan is current and correct.
• Undertake plant, equipment, and ladder inspections where competent to do so.
• Site Manager Safety Training Scheme certificate
• Face fit tester
• CISRS Basic Scaffolding inspector
• Fire Marshall
• First Aid
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• Enthusiastic, passionate, driven and proactive
• Diligent and practical
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Completer finisher
If you are interested, or know someone who may be, please contact email@example.com for more information and a confidential chat.