Head of Health, Safety and Security
Salary: £59000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103983-1
Do you want to lead the health, safety and security team based across 3 venues in 1 location, for a high-profile events and hospitality company who has on average 2 million visitors per year? Are you an engaging, collaborative leader who can be both hands on and strategic?
If so, this could be the right opportunity for you.
HEAD OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY
£55,000 per annum - £59,000 per annum dependent on experience + package which includes a £6,500 car allowance
Based in Glasgow
Reporting in to and working closely with the Director of Operations
Responsible for a team of 18
Main Responsibilities :-
- Ensure the company excels in all areas of Health, Safety & Security, and seek innovative ways to raise the performance bar.
- Provide leadership and guidance on all HS&S governance for the business and take the lead on business continuity planning.
- Establish and promote a public safety strategy with a strong communication plan to ensure the safe management of all customers and spectators.
- Create and develop a HS&S strategy that goes beyond compliance and ensures a compliant and vibrant healthy and safe working culture is embedded in day-to-day operations.
- Ensure policies and procedures in place are up to date and are applied in daily business.
- Continuously challenge, test and improve the Health, Safety and Security programme, policies and procedures.
- Through effective threat vulnerability risk assessments, develop and implement a security strategy, with a clear and effective structure and communication plan, to ensure the security risks are proactively managed, presenting the company as a security exemplar and event industry leader.
- Lead and manage health, safety and security for new projects and programmes across the sites and play a vital role in providing governance for the safety management systems and control standards being delivered.
- Continue to reduce the accidents and incidents rates across the sites.
- Support the site’s operational teams in ensuring there is no complacency with respect to Health, Safety & Security risk.
- Drive a culture of shared learning across the sites to ensure all sites operate at an improved standard across Health, Safety and Security.
Essential Qualifications & Experience :-
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience managing fire safety risk and a clear understanding of associated legislation
- Experience in a fast-paced events, hospitality, leisure or other relevant sector
Personality traits for the successful candidate :-
- Able to thrive in a busy environment with a high-performance culture
- Passionate and able to engage others at all levels
- Pragmatic and proactive in approach
- Able to work autonomously and a natural leader that inspires change
- Innovative and able to think outside the box
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details