UK Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £50000 - £57000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103975
Do you want to align the UK sites together and drive a unified approach to Health and Safety ? Do you enjoy being hands on, creating and developing strategies? Do you have a deep rooted passion and collaborative approach to Safety? Are you looking to shape the future of the Health and Safety Department? - If so this is the job for you!
Role: UK Health and Safety Manager
Salary : £50-55K per annum (flexibility dependent on level of experience) + fantastic benefits package including a car allowance + London weighting
Location:- Surrey; This is a single site position with some expected travel to other sites.
Reporting to the UK Diversity, Inclusion Wellbeing and Office Operations Manager and you will have no direct reports but will guide the site based Safety Coordinators.
Main responsibilities :-
• You will take lead for Health and Safety for the UK and collaborate closely with the Health, wellbeing and People team.
• Responsible for providing Health and Safety support and advice to all levels of the business including key stakeholders
• Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure that the business has in place systems and procedures to meet legal compliance and business requirements - Make recommendations as appropriate.
• Develop and implement the companies Health and Safety policy, standards, guidance, and Health & Safety management systems in order to prevent work related incidents, hazards, collisions, injuries, and illnesses.
• Ensure that all H&S policies and procedures for the UK Market are compliant with relevant H&S legislation, codes of practice, UK best practice and H&S Global Standards.
• Oversee activities of local Safety Coordinators to ensure the effective communication and adherence to Company H&S Policies and Procedures.
• Manage the risk assessment process for the UK Market activities, including generation of all new assessments, reviewing and monitoring effectiveness of controls.
• Manage the UK quarterly Safety submissions, ASP submissions, Committees and external reporting requirements in line with legislative & Corporate requirements.
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, proactive and engaging
• Hands on and also able to drive strategic development
• Driven in their approach
• Strong leadership and able to collaborate well with others at all levels
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Strong FMCG or Logistics Experience
• Experience working within a corporate environment
If this is of interest, please call Sophia on 0121 454 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.