Quality Control Supervisor
Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103974
Company :- 550,000 sq ft factory – modular build manufacturing facility
Role : - Quality Control Supervisor
Salary :- £40,000 per annum + Benefits
Based :- Leeds, single site
• To lead a team providing professional quality control.
• Carrying out supervision, advising and coaching the quality control inspectors.
• Organising and deploying the quality control resources to meet the demands of the production schedule.
Main responsibilities :-
• Resource plan and supervise a growing team of quality control inspectors
• Monitor, audit and assess staff competency and inspection processes
• Create & control quality inspection processes and procedures.
• Review and ensure inspection processes are completed at the correct point in the manufacturing process
• Ensure that dimensional and cosmetic inspections are correctly and promptly carried out to the required standard and against the required specification.
• Operate as the "voice of the customer" within the manufacturing environment
• Ensure that detailed records of inspection are maintained
• Plan, co-ordinate & control any required rework/rectification processes
• Co-ordinate & document continual improvement of inspection processes /procedures
• Ensure that conformance overchecks and manufacturing audits are completed
• Assist in improving Standard Operating Procedures where required
• Control inspection equipment to ensure that calibration intervals are maintained where required
• Ensure that all measurement equipment is readily available at point of use and maintained in good condition and is calibrated when required
• Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with companies defined Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures, ensuring that HSE is at the heart of the business culture and that your actions and behaviours in fulfilling your role lead to zero harm and a safe working environment for colleagues and visitors.
Essential qualifications and experience :-
• NEBS - National Examining Board for Supervisory Management or equivalent supervisory management qualification
• Manufacturing/engineering /machining and assembly inspection techniques
• Able to demonstrate 12 months experience working as a team leader within an inspection environment.
• NHBC experience is essential
• Ability to identify and understand the root cause of dimensional variation and quality issues
• Ability to analyse data and present effectively to team members
• Ability to read engineering drawings and to interpret and understand tolerances.
Personal characteristics required :-
• Good judgement and decision making skills
• Candidate must have proven team leadership and problem-solving skills
• Resource planning, team building, coaching and team time management
• Role model for team leadership and Quality and Health and safety/environmental behaviours
• Articulate communicator verbally and in writing with good listening skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.