Salary: £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103953
Do you want to join an iconic and respected food manufacturing company as EHS Manager ? Are you an passionate, engaging and proactive Environmental, Health and Safety Professional ?
Looking to develop safety culture, where everyone is responsible for EHS? - If so this is the job for you!
You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team and be a safety partner to the two Site Directors. You will direct, manage and monitor all aspects of health and safety and environment issues, ensuring on-going compliance with external regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures. You will be hands on and engaging in your approach as well as managing change, developing procedures and delivering an effective culture behavioural change programme.
Based across two sites, Telford and Worcester
Reporting to the Site Director for each site
Salary : circa £50K + benefits which include a good pension scheme, 27 days holiday ( + bank), private healthcare and up to 25% bonus
• This company prides itself on being exceptional and the best in the industry and breeds a culture of ownership and meritocracy. Behind the scenes they really are very passionate in delivering to the highest standard. They are committed to give you the freedom to determine your own direction, creative scope and enable you to grow as a professional.
• Be a trusted and competent Environmental, Health and Safety Business Partner for the two site directors and ensure compliance across both sites
• Drive safety culture and behavioural change by engaging and empowering the whole workforce to take accountability and implement improvements that are required
• Develop and maintain contacts with relevant EH&S regulatory and industry organisations and actively participate in meetings and initiatives with them.
• Develop strategies and manage EH&S for single site
• Control and drive improvements in regards to company standards
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to Head of Operational risk management
• Maintain compliance and drive industry best practice
• Deliver training and ensure the effectiveness through the business
Essential experience :
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (or working towards)
• GradIOSH / CMIOSH
• Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001. ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
• Experience of a 24/7 manufacturing company
Personality requirements :-
• A strong and competent leader
• Open communication style
• Able to engage and influence at all levels
• Able to balance the strategic needs of the site and also be hands on and visible across the two sites
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.