HSE Business Partner
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103948
Health Safety and Environment Business Partner
Based in Newark
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Do you want to join a iconic and growing food manufacturing company as HSE Business Partner ? Are you an passionate, engaging and proactive HSE Professional ? Looking to develop safety culture, where everyone is responsible for HSE ? - If so this is the job for you!
Main Duties :-
• In conjunction with the Head of Safety and Health and other team members, contribute to the development and execution of a sustainable and proactive health and safety strategy which provides a vehicle for the creation of a positive health and safety culture throughout the business
• Build trusted and respected relationships, understand business goals and challenges to effectively coach, mentor and support line management in terms of a Cultural change to the companies health and safety requirements.
• Identify, develop and implement health and safety focused solutions which meet the needs of the business, where applicable.
• Support sites and leadership teams in liaising with external bodies as required, helping to maintain an ethical, professional and competent perception of the business and acting as an ambassador externally and within the group
• Provide competent advice, and support to leadership teams, enabling them to meet company objectives for health and safety with continuous improvement in performance and ongoing legal compliance as the minimum acceptable standards.
• Work in partnership with functional leaders to ensure creation and execution of ‘best practice' standards and tactical plans for health and safety within each function, to support delivery of health and safety objectives and standards throughout operations.
• Participate in the accident and incident investigation and management process, helping minimise their impact on people and the business, mitigating liability risk and ensuring prevention of recurrence thorough root cause analysis and sharing of learning throughout operations.
• Complete audit, monitoring, performance management and reporting activities as required, helping to ensure company standards are being complied with and objectives effectively met.
• Establish and enhance processes that ensure health and safety systems, policies, procedures and other documentation are legally compliant, compatible with the companies values and communicated effectively within the whole business.
• Build and develop line management capability working in conjunction with People Development Managers, L&D and Talent Management roles.
• Develop working relationships/networking with health and safety professionals and external businesses, identifying and utilising opportunities to benchmark policies and procedures, where possible.
• Undertake projects or research activities that might support our legal compliance or support our strategic priorities.
• Manage employee personal injury claim case files.
• Share best practice across the health and safety team
• Demonstrate the highest personal health and safety standards at all times and work effectively with other team members to carry out the tasks safely and effectively.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Experience with, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 / ISO 45001
• Proven to support and drive positive cultural change
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and engaging
• Hands on
• Adaptive thinker
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
• Strong coach and mentor
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.