Salary: £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103944
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (EHS Manager)
Single site based in Reading with 120 employees, Reporting to General Manager
Salary - £50,000 per annum + Benefits
Do you want to join an interesting manufacturing company as EHS Manager ? Are you an passionate, engaging and proactive EHS Professional ? Looking to develop safety culture, where everyone is responsible for EHS ? - If so this is the job for you!
You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team and you will direct, manage and monitor all aspects of health and safety and environment issues, ensuring on-going compliance with external regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures. You will be hands on and engaging in your approach as well as managing change, developing procedures and delivering an effective culture behavioural change programme.
Main Accountabilities :-
• Develop, promote EHS Culture on site, improve behaviours, drive ownership and accountability
• Work to assure that UK Environmental and Health & Safety regulations applicable to the site are met.
• Provides technical support to the site including attendance of Gemba walks and support of internal audits.
• Assists in the review and interpretation of regulations and development, management and implementation of site specific Environmental and/or Health & Safety policies, procedures, processes and training programs to assure compliance with the Site, Business Group and Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
• Required to independently support all functional managers /supervisors on site to plan and implement Site Environmental & Health & Safety expectations.
• Provides technical support during any compliance audits, both internal and external and assures actions assigned to this role are properly responded to, followed up on and corrected in a timely fashion.
• Assist with the coordination and management of the Sites' emergency planning; including responding to site chemical, environmental and/or safety emergencies. This includes being a site emergency coordinator (and subject matter expert) in emergencies involving hazardous materials releases or other safety/environmental impacting emergencies.
• Provide Environmental Health and Safety support to Programme Management, and Engineering and Commercial departments as required to support customer contract terms and conditions. Tasks may require creation of additional program specific hazardous materials management programs or implementation of industry specific certification programs.
• Provide technical direction to other employees involved with Environmental, Health & Safety processes on site.
• Own the precise collection and calculation of EHS data for production of site specific, operational and/or regulatory reports/metrics.
• Coordinate and support obtaining any necessary Environmental or Health and Safety consents, permits, licenses or permissions to operate the Reading site in compliance with Environmental or Health and Safety legislative requirements.
• Working with the wider EHS Team to ensure alignment with Corporate EHS Expectations and Standards
Personality requirements :-
• Enthusiastic and engaging
• Hands on and able to still support development of the strategy
• Driven in their approach and able to adapt to a changing site
• Strong Leadership skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Essential qualifications/experience :-
• NEBOSH Certificate but ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in working within a chemical, manufacturing or heavy / industrial engineering environment
• Working knowledge of PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR and PSSR
• Experience with generation of training material and delivery of training to various levels of employees and management.
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details