Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £30000 - £43000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103922
We are currently supporting a well-established educational institution to identify a Lead Infrastructure Engineer (Servers, Storage and Identity) on a full time permanent basis in the East Midlands.
This Lead Engineer must have:
• Significant experience of implementing innovative solutions that are customer and future focused
• Significant experience of developing and deploying high level infrastructure and solutions
• Extensive experience of developing, deploying and maintaining a large-scale VMware vSphere infrastructure
• Experience of developing and migrating to infrastructure as code, and automation of services
• Experience of working with enterprise class hardware e.g. Nutanix, Dell EMC, Cisco UCS
• Proven experience delivering in a high performance multi-disciplinary infrastructure team
They must also:
• Demonstrate proficiency in the implementation and maintenance of global integrated infrastructure solutions.
• Understand project management life cycle from conception through implementation.
• Relevant proficiency and technical knowledge of Operating Systems/Applications infrastructure technologies.
• Demonstrate proficiency and technical knowledge of infrastructure technology communications/protocols –TCP/IP and other relevant protocols.
• Demonstrate proficiency with relevant programming / scripting and source code management.
• Demonstrate proficiency with command line and interactive shells.
• Demonstrate proficiency with application and network monitoring / visualization tools.
• Demonstrate proficiency in analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to correlate cross-platform technologies.
• Have proven experience of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, and Azure services e.g. Azure AD Connect
•Have proven experience of F5, Firewalls, Backup/DR solutions, DHCP, DNS etc.
This role is paying upto 40-42k for the right candidate with a string of additional benefits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000 to get more details