Salary: Competitive Salary
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103898
Heath, Safety, Environment and Risk Manager
Base dependent on candidate location
Multiple site role with regular travel to the sites around Northamptonshire / Milton Keynes
Reporting in to the Group HSE Manager
Want to provide strategic direction and drive HSER across multiple sites? Do you want create a positive culture within a fast paced, heavy duty manufacturing company ? Do you have a deep rooted passion for Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk ? Then this could be the right next step for you!
Review of the role :-
• Responsible for conducting the environmental, health and safety performance and identifying risks or areas for improvement as well as investigating environmental or safety incidents for a region or cluster of sites or segment/a site.
• The HSER Manager will support all levels of management to implement the necessary activities and actions to develop the HSE culture across the Industrial cluster whilst meeting legal requirements as a minimum.
• The role will manage and develop the Health, Safety and Environmental function of the business to ensure that it has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet; legislative requirements, customers’ requirements, and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g. ISO 14001/ISO 50001/ISO 45001).
Main Duties :-
• Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participate in this process.
• Build relationships at all levels of the organisation and coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
• Support the site leadership team in developing the annual HSER Plan and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
• Deliver technical HSER training, informing all levels or the organisation of their HSER roles and responsibilities, and developing the competency of the organisation to deliver.
• Support and coach all levels of the organisation in delivering the HSER objectives and targets.
• Monitor and report HSER key performance indicators.
• Act as the Management Representative for the HSER management systems providing the site leadership team with overview of the health of the system and key actions needed for improvement and compliance.
• Manage the internal and external audit schedule for the sites management systems, involving competent members or the organisation in the process.
• Lead the completion and maintenance of technical risk assessment such as PUWER and COSHH.
• Act as the point of contact for HSER communications with external organisations such as regulators and insurers.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage or packaging manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent, ideally NEBOSH Diploma
• BRC interaction experience, and understanding of ISO standards, eg: 14001 / ISO 5001 / ISO 45001
• Experience in Management Systems
• Ability to work in a multi-site role
• Experience providing hands on training
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Hands on and able to support development of the strategy
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
If this is of interest, please call Sophia on 0121 454 5000 for immediate consideration.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.