Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103894
Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk Manager
Based in Redditch or Oldbury (circa 140 people) with adhoc travel additional sites ( Wolverhampton & Hinckley)
Reporting in to the Group General Manager
Want to provide strategic direction and drive HSE across a multiple sites? Do you want create a positive culture within a fast paced, heavy duty manufacturing company ? Do you have a deep rooted passion for Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk ? Then this could be the right next step for you!
Main Duties :-
• Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participate in this process.
• Build relationships at all levels of the organisation and coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
• Support the site leadership team in developing the annual HSE Plan and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
• Deliver technical HSER training, informing all levels or the organisation of their HSER roles and responsibilities, and developing the competency of the organisation to deliver.
• Support and coach all levels of the organisation in delivering the HSER objectives and targets.
• Monitor and report HSER key performance indicators.
• Act as the Management Representative for the HSER management systems providing the site leadership team with overview of the health of the system and key actions needed for improvement and compliance.
• Manage the internal and external audit schedule for the sites management systems, involving competent members or the organisation in the process.
• Lead the completion and maintenance of technical risk assessment such as PUWER and COSHH.
• Act as the point of contact for HSER communications with external organisations such as regulators and insurers.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage or packaging manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent, ideally NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Hands on and able to support development of the strategy
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.