Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
Salary: £33000 - £38500 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103865
Role: Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
Salary : - £33,000 - £38,500 per annum
You have the chance to join the leading archaeology and heritage company in the UK. This client is seeking a permanent HSE Manager. They pride themselves on being a very fast paced, friendly organisation who is looking for a robust safety professional to develop and champion safety.
This client has over 300 specialist staff operating from six offices around the UK in Salisbury, Sheffield, Maidstone, Bristol, Edinburgh and Ruthin, and two internal subsidiaries in the US and Europe. They work with clients from a diverse range of sectors to help manage and enhance heritage assets above ground, below ground and underwater. My clients health and wellbeing policy is paramount, and its reputation for safe working is regarded as an asset by its partners.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Occupational Health and Safety Specialist to help build on, promote and embed a safe and healthy working culture across the Company. We are looking for someone who has an engaging communication style, capable of helping staff solve practical health and safety problems and influence senior management on leading safely.
The right person will make connections with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders to advise on safe working practices. As a champion of occupational health and safety, their role is to supervise and coordinate systems of work to meet the highest safety standards. They will also be expected to audit and develop existing site safety initiatives and to mentor all staff.
The position will be based in our head office in Salisbury but will involve frequent travel to other regional offices and sites to support project managers and subcontractors. Support with relocation fees is available. The post is suitable for flexible working, supporting fairness, inclusivity and respect. The post is line managed by the Compliance Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
• NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (or equivalent)
• Technical Member of IOSH (or equivalent)
• CSCS Site Card, Safety Officer
• UK Category B drivers licence
An advantage would be:
• NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ 4/5, NCRQ
• Graduate Member of IOSH (or equivalent)
• NEBOSH Fire Prevention and Risk Management Certificate
• Environmental Management Systems Qualification
• Experience of attaining ISO accreditation via previous experience of Quality ISO 9001 and OH&S OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 management standards
• An adult training qualification at level 3 on a regulated qualification framework (RQF)
• IOSH Train the Trainer course
You will need to be a confident verbal communicator at all levels and have a high standard of written English along with the ability to focus on the big picture whilst still paying attention to detail.
The behavioural attributes that we require are:
• Be visible, accountable and trustworthy;
• Be optimistic and a positive influence, inspiring creativeness and innovation in others;
• Provide for the mentoring, coaching and training of staff;
• Provide encouragement, recognition and reward when it is due;
• To be assured and confident in your work and personal interactions.
• Competitive salary range in line with CIfA salary guidelines (appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership as appropriate). 50% contribution towards CIfA subscription fees;
• A company Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – confidential external advice on health and wellbeing;
• 22 days p.a. holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 27 after 5 year's continuous employment;
• Paid sick leave from start of contract;
• Immediate eligibility for inclusion in the group pension plan with an employer contribution of 5%;
• Free accommodation provided for projects beyond reasonable travel distances, as well as an overnight subsistence payment (£15 per night, with a further £5 per night as breakfast contribution if in S/C accommodation);
• Free transport from regional offices to sites (Pool Car)
• High quality personal protective equipment;
• Drivers are entitled to time in lieu in excess of the 7.4 working day;
• Individual training and development, including free BAJR skills passport, HSE certification, mentoring, annual appraisal, personal development plans and career progression maps;
• Life assurance scheme;
• Bike2Work scheme.