Environment Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103848
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a Global Pharmaceutical organisation in Abingdon due to grown and expansion within the team. As the new Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, you have a chance to mould and improve the safety culture in company that truly value the EHS function, working across multiple sites and managing a thriving team.
This Global organisation have grown rapidly over the last 4 years and actually promoted their EHS manager into a Global role to facilitate improvements across the EHS function, hence why this role is now available. They specialise in driving new innovative, small molecule compounds and intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
This role will manage a team across 3 sites, 2 of which are based here in Abingdon. Your role will be based mainly in Abingdon with occasional travel to the other site in the Cheshire area. You will be responsible for developing and implementing EHS policies, plans and procedures while improving the existing programme and driving continuous improvement. You will work at all levels to promote a positive safety culture and implement the Global and Group strategies.
Experience and Qualifications:
• MSc or BSc degree or equivalent in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related field such as a scientific degree followed by formal EHS training (NEBOSH qualified).
• You will have worked in pharmaceutical, R&D, Life Sciences or chemical background.
• Man Management experience especially in coaching and developing staff.
• Experince in a similar Health and Safety position, leading sites through improvement programmes.
• Expert in Health and Safety matters with a strong attention to detail and able to prioritise workload effectively.
For this you will receive a salary of between £50,000-55,000 per annum dependant on experience.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your up to date CV to email@example.com or call me on 0121 454 5000.