Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103836
We are looking for a forward-thinking, solution-orientated, and detailed EHS Manager who can take ownership of all EHS related compliance activity and ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations and internal policies and processes.
My client is a small, busy team Construction leader who work across a diverse range of EHS activities. This role specifically, will be focused on ensuring processes are in place to ensure compliance with certified management systems (ISO 9001 / 45001 / 18001 / 14001) and ensuring activities relating to certifications and audits are conducted effectively, working closely with our colleagues in the Compliance Team
Duties include carrying out audits and inspections, ensuring training and induction is in place for employees, conducting risk assessments and ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The key accountabilities of this role are;
• Ensure working practices are in line with legal requirements, regulatory guidelines and industry standards and that processes are in place to support this.
• Conduct site inspections to confirm procedures are being implemented correctly and provide pragmatic and relevant advice to close any identified gaps where required.
• Support internal and external audits, ensuring any pre-emptive and follow up actions are addressed.
• Conduct risk assessments, inform site-wide activities and installations and; provide advice/collaborate with the EHS team as well as teams across the business to ensure compliance objectives are met.
• Report writing with reference to inspections and maintaining quality record keeping.
• Management of near miss, accident and incident reports, including any investigations into root cause.
• Keep up to date with legislative changes and industry standards and ensure these are reflected in our internal policies, procedures and ways of working.
• Support mandatory training and induction activities and where required, put in place bespoke solutions for complex EHS training.
• Collaborate with and represent the EHS team when working with internal colleagues and teams as well as external /interested parties to ensure adherence with compliance-related activities.
• Relevant qualifications, specifically IOSH, NEBOSH or General Certificate. Candidates should be qualified in the National Diploma
• Experience and understanding of working within quality management systems, specifically experience of managing and working within ISO 9001 / 45001 / 18001 / 14001
• Knowledge and understanding of audit procedures and working to processes and standards
• Experience in contract management skills
• Strong attention to detail and an understanding of interpreting and adhering to standards
• Forward thinking, solution orientated and creative problem-solver
• Hands-on and pragmatic approach
• Advanced planning skills
• Team player, flexible and enthusiastic
What's in it for you?
Salary £50,000 - £55,000
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday