Salary: £50000 per annum
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103813
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Based in Blunham (circa 150 people on site) covering 2 additional sites ( Kettering and Wellingborough).
Salary £50,000 per annum + Benefits
Reporting in to the Operations Manager
Want to engage and drive HSE across 3 sites and create a zero accident culture within a fast paced manufacturing company ?
Do you have a deep rooted passion for Health, Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing ?
… Then this could be the right next step for you!
Main Duties :-
• A key player within the senior leadership team
• Coach and mentor managers and employees to enable them to meet their HSE responsibilities by providing expert HSE guidance.
• Implement and maintain the HSE Management systems for the sites and make sure it is communicated, implemented and maintained, across the sites
• Develop and mentor employees in reference to Health and Safety
• Work with the wider group and support HSE strategic direction and share best practice
• Drive and support a positive and proactive culture and improve safety behaviours across the sites
• Arrange and lead meetings with safety champions
• Sit within and support the senior leadership team across the company
• Create new, innovative environmentally friendly projects and push safety to the forefront of such projects
• Work closely across departments and external stakeholders and build rapport at board level and with stakeholders
• Drive accountability across the site for Health and Safety
• Adapt and deliver a bespoke training to all staff
• Ensure the business is compliant to current legislation and regulations
• Devise and deliver monthly reports to line manager
• Provide support and guidance for all members of the management team
• Lead inspections and audits across the factory
• Guide and manage the company in regards to correct PPE
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage or packaging manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent ideally NEBOSH Diploma
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Hands on and able to support development of the strategy
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy in from all levels
• Strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.