Health & Safety Adviser (Rail)
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103782
My tier one civil engineering client is currently seeking a first class skill set to take up the role of SHEQ Adviser. This is due to expansion and preparation for a high profile project in conjunction with National Rail. The successful candidate will be based in Buckinghamshire and have a competent and demonstrable background in the Construction sector. Ideally working on projects including Rail / Civils interface. This role requires someone who has a deep understanding of the build element and risks associated with the Rail sector.
• Completion of health & safety planning meetings, risk assessments, inspections and audits.
• Ensure stakeholder requirements are identified and implemented on the projects (e.g. corporate, client, community, and regulatory requirements).
• Liaise with regulatory bodies as required.
• Undertake regular H&S inspections to monitor compliance of the above standards and statutory requirements during the delivery of the project
• Provide professional H&S advice, coaching, mentoring, training and education to management/supervisors/workforce and contractors where identified as necessary
• Review and provide professional safety advice in the production of Method Statements, SSIs, risk assessments, work instructions, etc
• Attend client meeting and safety forums as directed by the HSQES Lead
• Drive safety values and behaviours putting safety at the core and forefront of what you do, supporting the Alliance culture in all aspects of the programme
• Carry out ‘on-call duties' in line with project requirements
Qualifications and experience required
• Previous experience in an H&S role with rail experience
• Rail construction industry experience
• Ideally have working knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Grad IOSH
• Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
What's in it for you?
• Salary of £50,000 - £55,000 neg + car/allowance
• Competitive package