Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103780
You have the chance to join a leading fast paced utilities organisation as a SHEQ Adviser. They pride themselves on being a fast paced, friendly organisation who is looking for a robust safety professional to develop and champion safety. This requirement is due to expansion and preparation for a new 100M project in conjunction with National grid. The successful candidate will have a very competent and demonstrable background in the utilities sector. Ideally working on projects including substations and National Grid Projects. The skill set and demands of this role requires someone who has a deep understanding of the build element and risks associated.
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager and with support from the Head of Safety, you will work closely with the end client and project teams to ensure policies and procedures are implemented, RAMS completed, advice and solutions provided to build confidence and make sure the project is completed safely. This role is office based in the Watford area, with regional travel.
The role will involve occasional weekend and/or night work.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
• To aid in the development and implementation of Health and Safety best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision. To work proactively with all levels of management, so to establish and maintain a safe system of work and a safe environment for colleagues and clients.
• To advise and assist in the planning and promotion of health, safety, environment and quality programs and establishing a suitable organisation to put them into effect
• To interpret and advise on the implementation of company's policies, procedures and safe systems of work
• To communicate with site teams, for example, but not limited to the delivery of TBT`s
• Ensure that the requirements under the company's integrated management system are followed accordingly and to ensure that the contracts you cover are doing the same
• Discharge your specific duties for matters regarding health, safety, welfare, environment and quality as defined in the company policy and in any procedures, efficiently and effectively
• Assist in monitoring the health, safety, environment and quality performance on the contracts under your control and take such steps as are necessary to improve the performance
• Carryout out regular/continuous site, compound and CDM audits/inspections.There is a minimum requirement of one site audit a month on each team and sub-contractor delivering your assigned contracts. This may require working out of hours from time to time including occasional night working
• Ensure that all sites are CDM compliant and the relevant documentation is in place and in date
• Assist in the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaire's (PQQs) and tender documentation
Skills and Requirements:
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• A tactful but assertive manner.
• Logical thinking and problem-solving ability.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to cope under pressure.
• The ability to understand and interpret relevant laws.
• Computer literacy.
• Report writing.
• Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
• Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
• A smart appearance and professional manner.
Qualifications / Competency:
• NEBOSH (NVQ Level 5 or above).
• Proficient in Accident/Incident investigation.
• Proficient in compiling Reports.
• Competent in standard Microsoft Software.
• Experience in being able to deliver training to various class sizes