Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103773
Role:- Health and Safety Manager
Company : FMCG Meat / Protein Manufacturing Company
Location : York, North Yorkshire
Salary : £55,000 per annum (can be flexible for the right individual) + standard package
Do you want to join a fast paced and growing food manufacturing company as H&S Manager? Are you an engaging and resilient H&S Professional ? Looking to shape the future of HSE for the company and leave a legacy across a large and complex single site ? - If so this is the job for you!
HSE Recruitment Network are proud to represent this particular Meat / Protein Manufacturing organisation, who are seeking a strong Health and Safety Manager to manage a 1,550 strong, large manufacturing site and Head Office .
You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team and you will manage and monitor all aspects of Health and Safety issues for the site. Ensuring on-going compliance with external regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
You will be strategic, hands on and engaging in your approach. Additionally you will be managing change, setting up procedures from scratch and delivering an effective cultural and behavioural change programme. As well as coaching, mentoring and managing a Health and Safety Officer. Please note all Environmental issues are managed by a separate Environmental Manager on site.
Main focuses of the role :
• Establish the Health and Safety Management system for the site and make sure it is communicated, implemented and maintained
• Create a "Safety First" culture and improve safety behaviours across the site
• Develop and revise contractor management procedures for the site
• Proactively promoting best practise and successfully, engaging factory teams to make and accept change
• Lead inspections and audits across the factory
• Manage and mitigate H&S Risk and drive safety to the forefront of all projects.
• Develop the internal H&S policies and procedures
• Develop and mentor all permanent and contracted employees in reference to Health and Safety
• Work with the wider group and support H&S strategic direction and share best practice
• Arrange and lead meetings with safety champions
• Sit within and support the senior leadership team across the company
• Work closely across departments and external stakeholders and build a strong rapport with stakeholders
• Drive accountability across the site for Health and Safety
• Create and deliver a bespoke training to all staff
• Devise and deliver monthly reports to line manager, producing statistics and identifying key themes and trends
• Provide support and guidance for all members of the management team
Qualifications and Required Experience :
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in change management and driving culture change in a manufacturing environment
• Training and mentoring experience
• Experience managing a complex single or multiple sites
• Strategic and hands on approach
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Enthusiastic, able to influence others and engaging in approach
• Robust, Resilient, Self-sufficient and passionate
• Strong communication skills
• Used to a fast pace manufacturing environment
Interested and meet the above requirements ? For immediate consideration please contact Sophia on 0121 454 5000 and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.