Health and Safety Manager
Location: St Helens
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103749
You have the chance to join a large engineering business as their Health and Safety Manager in the St Helens area or Merseyside. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business in a senior leadership position. This role is so important as the business drive excellence in everything that they do and want health and safety to be no different. If you are passionate about health and safety, a hands on, commercial leader, who can hit the ground running- then this could be the opportunity to you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join a well-respected scientific testing business in their site in St Helens. This role will cover 5 sites in 3 locations and a team of 3 advisors but the majority of your time will be best in St Helens. They are leaders in their field, well known with a long standing heritage in the industry.
You will be expected to work closely with the senior leaders and the wider HSE team to ensure the strategy is implemented and driven to the highest standard. You will also be hands on and assist in everything from near miss reporting, create KPI’s and lead in house training with managers to ensure a consistent message is being driven home. You will carry our risk assessments and audits on site, do all accident investigations and liaise with all internal and external stakeholders.
Background and Experience:
• Diploma Level qualified in health and safety is essential
• Ideally you will have worked in a chemical, lab or scientific background and a bonus is having a degree level qualification in this field.
• Held a similar leadership role
You must be:
• A team player with a motivational and coaching management style
• Professional and strong communicator
• Able to work at all levels from shop floor to management
• Engaging and have gravitas
If you are interested in being considered please apply or call Aisling Reid on 0121 450 5000.