Senior Highways Engineer
Salary: £44000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103693
I am currently recruiting a Senior Highways Engineer for my tier one civil engineering client. Based in the East Midlands, you will play an important role in the delivery of a wide variety of highway schemes from the design of major road schemes through to junction improvements, cycleway and traffic calming schemes. My client is embedded in complex works across the country, and are involved in major infrastructure projects in such as Crossrail and HS2 . You will need to have a strong civil engineering background, and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects and the growth of the existing client base.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate and show experience of participation in the design of civil infrastructure projects up to and including construction stage.
The successful candidates will be expected to have detailed knowledge of highways design elements in a Design and Build environment. You will play an integral part in developing our teams; helping to deliver projects to our high standards.
• Oversee and manage highway designs prepared by engineers and technicians
• Prepare, check and review engineering output including technical reports
• Provide technical leadership to the teams
• Mentor junior engineers
We're looking for
• Proven experience from a highways infrastructure engineering environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
• Evidence of managing design teams to achieve client time, cost and quality expectations.
• Experience with software such as AutoCAD Civils 3D/Bentley MX Roads.
• A relevant degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
Salary £47,000 - £50,000