Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103657
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a large Manufacturing organisation in Burnley who are seeking a Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator. As the HSE lead on site you will be integral to the creation and driving of cultural change and improving of standards across the site. This is an amazing opportunity for someone in a similar role who wants to work in a challenging and varied environment. This organisation have and continue to impact their industry on a global scale and have a long standing reputation in the market.
This is a really great opportunity for a health and safety advisor, officer or coordinator who feels they have gone as far as they can on their site and who wants the opportunity to be the HSE lead on a site. Someone who is ready to be seen as an integral member not just within the business but within the senior leadership team. With the right attitude and drive, you will have the opportunity long term to grow and develop within the Group. Working alongside a Group Health and Safety Manager you will have the support to get your site to where they need to be.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support all departments and keep up to date with all legislation and drive corporate compliance.
• To set and achieve key KPIs
• Carry out Risk Assessments and developing SOPs and conduct site safety inspections
• Conduct HSE Audits and maintain records and the database
• Record and investigate accident and incidents
• Investigate near misses and encourage reporting
• Deliver training on site
• Auditing experience of your own site and being audited by clients
• Control of contractors
Experience and Background:
• Manufacturing experience
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
• Environmental experience
• ISO Systems experience
Personality wise we are seeking:
• A Team player, hands on, who will get to know and engage with people and departments, working with them to fulfil the needs of the business.
• Someone who is proactive but in the same respect who can react to changes and different priorities – taking things in their stride, prioritise workload and be self-motivated
• Someone who is a strong communicator
• Someone who will lead and work well with senior managers, is confident in presenting findings and representing HSE on site at this level.
Does this sound like you and your experience? Are you interested in applying for this position?
Please send across your CV to email@example.com or call Aisling on 0121 454 5000.