Health & Safety Advisor -CDM/ FM
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103636
The HSE Recruitment Network is currently searching for a Health and Safety Advisor for one of the most renowned sporting governing bodies in the world.
You will be part of the Health, Safety & Risk Team to undertake the role of Health & Safety Advisor – with particular focus on Client compliance under Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and FM Support.
To be considered for this Health & Safety Advisor position you must have the following:
• Qualification in occupational health and safety, such as a Masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH national diploma.
• Construction Industry and Facilities Management Experience
• A sound understanding of the principles of risk reduction and design process with the ability to embed sensible health and safety to ensure legal compliance.
• A thorough working knowledge of CDM regulation and associated legislation.
• Competency in managing Fire Risk Assessments.
• Exemplary communication and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, influence and a proven proactive team player.
• Ability to work flexibly on multiple projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and software programmes.
• A desire to further enhance personal and professional skills.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
CDM / FM
• Reviewing pre-construction and post-construction information, Construction Phase Plans and associated Health & Safety documentation and Principal Designer activities.
• Undertaking monitoring visits and site inspections / audits on behalf of the Client.
• Represent the Client, in terms of health and safety at senior level meetings with key stakeholders.
• Monitoring the permit to work system, to ensure that it is effective.
• Conduct FM compliance audits.
• Co-ordinate risk assessments across the company, providing appropriate advice where required.
• Provide advice in the selection of suppliers and contractors.
• Lead the Projects & FM Health & Safety sub-committee.
• Co-ordinating the Fire Risk Assessments for all premises. Ensuring that recommendations are followed up and closed out by relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee the Fire Engineering Design Report (FEDR) ensuring is up to date and centralised.
• Manage the Fire Safety Working Group ensuring collaboration between Event Safety, FM and the Projects Team.
• Audit the maintenance and testing of fire safety systems and equipment to ensure legal compliance.
INVESTIGATION / MONITORING
• Conducting accident incident investigations, identifying root causes and communicating lessons learned.
• Identifying and analysing trends in leading and lagging indicators.
• Creating and maintaining trackers to ensure that actions are closed out within the designated time frames.
• Monitor and assist in the implementation of recommendations from external reports.
• Develop prioritised action plans, based on sensible risk.
This Health and Safety Advisor job is pay up to 45k with other additional benefits. For more information please email James.email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000