Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103631
We have been engaged by a market leading food manufacturing business to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager at their site in Andover. You have the chance to lead as the dedicated expert on all SHE matters on site, to develop and champion positive change. If you are looking to drive and develop a safe working culture, driving a large manufacturing business towards Zero Harm and be both hands on and strategic; then this is the role for you!
This company are leading the way in their market for their high standard produce and the nominations for UK wide awards stand testament to this. You have the chance to be a part of this, in what is a very diverse site with various risks. It is a chance to push improvements and lead the way for excellence in safety for the site.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
• Liaise and share best practice with the other relevant business units
• Manage and support legislation and ensure compliance across all departments
• Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation for the site
• Produce a comprehensive set of KPI's and targets for health, safety and environment goals and review these regularly with the business to include committees and work groups/forums
• Develop and establish strategies to implement environmental initiatives and policies working with Sustainability Manager to support best practice and good public relations
• Work with line managers to control accidents, limit risks to the health of employees and visitors, and limit the exposure of the company to health and safety risks
• Conduct accident and RIDDORS related investigations and advising on prevention
• Conducting, reviewing and embed risk assessments and safe work systems
Qualifications and Background
• Diploma level qualified in health and safety
• General Manufacturing experience
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Hands on and able to support development of HSE
• Driven in their approach
• Confident, strong leadership and management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills for all colleagues from shop floor to management
If you are interested in the role then please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.