Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103603
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager – central London - Single Site
My client is a sector leading build specialist with over 5 years of orders on their books. Their specialism is the installation of high quality cladding and curtainwall to commercial build structures. Due to an internal promotion, they are seeking to take on a Safety Manager to be employed on a prestigious central London project.
Main Purpose of the position: Specific responsibility for the provision of advice, To include the production/review of documentation and monitoring of Health and Safety matters on site.
Key relationships with:
Quality Lead, Project Management, all front line personnel including subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that effective Health & Safety support & guidance is provided to line management within designated areas of responsibility. Working with colleagues within the SHEQ team to ensure that advice is accurate, timely and presented in such a way as to ensure acceptance and subsequent implementation.
• Champion the Company's Integrated Management System (IMS) at all times ensuring that Project staff & contractors adhere to its requirements.
• Promotion of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental issues and awareness within their Portfolio including the preparation and delivery of Safety Communications (i.e.Tool Box Talks, Safety Alerts) and attendance at Safety Forums.
• Production and/or review of any Portfolio specific procedures and documentation i.e. Site Files, Project Plans, General Method Statements, Specific Method Statements, Emergency Plans as well as Risk, Manual Handling and COSHH assessments, including the review of subcontractor documents.
• Assist in the identification, development and implementation of specific Health and Safety related Initiatives, ensuring they meet business, client and legal requirements.
• Representing the department and company at Client facing meetings.
• Lead in Accident & Incident Investigations ensuring timely reporting to management & clients, preparation of interim and final reports and the presentation of same as required.
• Undertake any specific health and safety related tasks or projects allocated by the Senior Managers
• Formal H&S qualification essential
• Experience in safety in construction essential
• Good problem solving skills
• Confident communicator with associated presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Candidates with Temp Works, AP, and Lifting experience will be particularly welcome to apply.
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 pa
Company bonus scheme