HSE and Compliance Advisor
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103560
You have the chance to join a Global Mechanical and Electrical Engineering business as their HSE and Compliance Advisor based from the UK Head Office in Rugby.
Do you want to work for a fast growing and profitable global mechanical and electrical engineering business in a fast paced environment? Do you want to join a growing health and safety team? Do you want to take on a position that leaves a lot of room for your own ideas and requires continuous improvement? If the answer is yes, then continue reading.
You will report directly into the Group HSEQ Manager ensuring that your region is moving towards a much higher standard of health and safety. You will be based at the large repair and maintenance Head Office in Rugby but also cover the smaller maintenance sites in Bury St Edmonds, Sheffield, Grimsby and Swansea. This role is a generalist HSE Officer position in which you will manage the ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems, do accident and incident investigations and create policies and procedures.
This company work with blue chip clients who have high expectations and as such can audit them with very little notice. You must ensure all the relevant training is up to date and maintained so that they are not in breach of any legislation. Being a very commercial business working to tight and difficult time frames means that you need to take a common sense approach to health and safety while ensuring improvements are made and culture is improved.
This is an all-encompassing HSE and Compliance Advisor position. You will be expected to travel to the other sites across the UK so flexibility is needed. As such you will be provided with a car/ car allowance.
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
• Experience in a similar level role as you must be able to hit the ground running and use your own initiative.
• Auditing or managing ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001.
• Experience in a mechanical and/or electrical engineering environment would be desired but workshop repair and maintenance experience would also be beneficial. If you do not have this then manufacturing or utilities experience would be beneficial in understanding the risk profile here.
• Auditing experience of your own site and managing customer audits.
• Managing a training matrix.
You will be rewarded with a salary of between £30-35,000 + car and package.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000.