Regional Compliance Officer
Salary: £32126 per annum
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103559
HSE Recruitment are working with one of Central England's largest social housing and affordable homes providers, to recruit a Regional Compliance Officer. The Officer will cover the Birmingham to Leicester region.
The association, which owns 27,000 properties and builds 1,000 more each year, seek to employ an individual who can support the Compliance Manager with the provision of professional health, safety and compliance advice across the business.
As the successful Regional Compliance Officer, you will:
• Provide professional advice to the business on matters which relate to property compliance and take charge of health and safety ensuring a consistently positive approach is met
• Monitor accident reports, make RIDDOR notifications when required, undertake major incident investigations if appropriate and produce reports as necessary
• Take charge in leading mitigating major hazards in the region (Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas and Lone Working)
• Support the Compliance Manager with the development of a robust health and safety framework, together with detailed policies and procedures
• Monitor compliance within the region against agreed KPIs and implement improvement plans for any shortfalls
• Conduct audits
• Provide training to colleagues within the region as and when required
Qualification requirements for this role include:
• NEBOSH General Certificate (or another appropriately recognised health and safety qualification)
• Professional membership with a recognised body (e.g. IOSH, IIRSM)
• NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate (or working towards)
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role, ideally within social housing, facilities management or property management
• Good working knowledge of health and safety legislation, in particular around Fire, Legionella, Asbestos, Gas and Lone Working
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Driving license and access to vehicle, or means to travel across the region with consummate ease
Salary and package for this role include:
• Salary circa £32,000
• 24 days annual leave +8 statutory days holiday
• Healthcare cash plan
• Pension – up to 8% matched by employer
• Reimbursement of x1 annual membership fee for a professional qualification /body
The ideal candidate for this role will be based within the Central England (West Midlands, East Midlands, Staffordshire). You must have the flexibility to travel with consummate ease across the region.
For further information please contact Joe Hodgson on 0121 454 5000 or forward your CV to email@example.com for consideration.